Monday, December 17, 2012

TWELVE BAGS OF WORRY


Whoa! Watch your smile sir
Careful, my burden’s heavy
I almost dropped a bag there
Outta my twelve big bags of worry

‘Twas almost that silent night
In the last month of the year
I juggled my way through the street
Dodging laughter and good cheer

I thought I was doing okay
Till I heard that happy melody
One bag, two bag, three bags down
Oh no! That’s too many

Soon cries of my broken heart
Drowned the steady knocks of joy
Till I tripped on a smile and dropped some,
While I picked a girl’s stocking and toy

Hugs and kisses, faith and hope
All bade farewell to pain
Just halfway down the street
And I was friends with life again

Red and green replaced dull and grey
Wait… how come the bags are just four?
Golden bells chimed in reply
You forgot some outside St. Patrick’s door

Friendly gazes tugged at my bags
Message from home poked my heart
I held on tight to my bags so lone
Till the kiss of love let them all fall apart

Whoa! A smile for you sir
Can’t stop dancing now, honey
I traded my burden with Christmas cheer
Gone are the twelve big bags of worry

No comments: