Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Blessing & The Curse

One day God said to me,
“A special gift I have for you, my child.
Though, all around you may be fell
This gift will make you smile.”

Joyfully I accepted the gift
As it showered from up above
And thanked Him each day
For the beautiful gift of Love

“But be careful my dear”
Said the Lord unto me
“Don’t mix it with worldly pleasures
And you’ll learn to love like Me.”

Hurriedly I took the advice
Too eager to use my gift
And soon found myself
Oblivious to ever receiving it

So lost was I in my world
That I didn’t realise when,
Sanity departed and I drowned,
In the love I found for him.

Beyond all measure
Beyond all imagination
Beyond all reason and doubt
I loved like I had never before
I loved and never looked back

Unconditionally like the Lord does
I love him even when he does not
But shortly creped in the vices
That I so merrily had forgotten

“But Lord I am only human
How can I not think and want?”
I finally argued in vain.
“My child, you were clearly warned”

So as the joy of love
Fills my heart and soul
Desires, needs and questions
Haunt me in the night

For I love with the love of the Lord
Till my mind takes control
And pierces my loving heart
With arrows so cold

But so beautiful is His love
A blessing for my soul
That I accept the curse it brings
Accept being a mortal after all

No comments: